5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Cory Mitchell, CMT in Person!
President of Vantage Point Trading
Subject: High Reward vs. Risk Investing Using Long-Term Cycles
- 2 to 4 year time horizon on trades, and about 10 to 15 trades per year (more in market-wide crash years).
- Expected gains on individual trades between 100% (min) and 600%+, or about 150% to 200% for overall portfolio over the time horizon, which targets about 50% per year on deployed capital.
- Position size is used to manage risk and utilize capital effectively.
- Strategy is based on long-term cycles in the individual stocks (may relate to a larger sector or commodity as well), combined with a few fundamental ratios to help find and validate investing opportunities.
- Dividend stocks are preferred, especially if the stock only has about 100% to 150% upside.
- After entry, a stock may move offside by up to 25% (drawdown) before reversing to upside. So: -25% vs. +100% to +600%.
- Since we know the strategy picks up trades a bit early (may drop another 20% or so) we can use this for improving our own entry price.
- Strategy is “value-based” or “buy (very very) low” in nature and focused on stocks with at least decent volume and least a moderate market cap.
Location: CNIB CENTRE
15 Colonel Baker Place N.E.
Calgary, AB T2E 4Z3
To register: http://csta.org/event-2354807/Registration