The mission of the Journal of Technical Analysis (JOTA) is to advance the knowledge and understanding of technical analysis. Through the publication of well-crafted, high-quality research in all areas of technical analysis, we pursue this goal. Our success depends upon the time, energy and commitment of authors and researchers who expand our understanding of the market and fuel innovation and new applications of our discipline. Now in its 67th issue over 35 years, the JOTA is the premier peer-reviewed publication for technical analysts.
Features of the Journal include:
- Research articles accessible by and of special interest to practitioners.
- Survey and synthesis articles intended to provide the reader with an understanding of the current state of practice in a particular area.
- Clinical/case studies of high interest and benefit to the profession.
- Tutorials of interest to both academics and practitioners.
- Practitioner surveys.
- Reviews of business/finance books of interest to practitioners.
Published by the Market Technicians Association (MTA), the JOTA is designed to generally reflect the professional interests of the global membership of the Market Technicians Association. The production of each issue is a complex process, requiring the assistance of many individuals. Once papers are submitted for consideration, they are subjected to a double-blind review process. Each paper is reviewed by at least two experts who provide feedback regarding the accuracy of the work producing objective and unbiased peer reviews.
If you have any questions about the JOTA, are considering submitting an article for a future issue, or would like to serve as a reviewer, please contact our Journal Committee Chair, Julie Dahlquist, Ph.D., CMT at email@example.com